Today, with all the amazing technology we have, it is still a challenge to find the perfect words to put on this blank paper…
Before thinking about what you should write or add on your CV, maybe you should ask yourself some questions about your résumés:
– Is your CV like a “movie trailer” that sparks the attraction and creates the desire to meet you..? Or is it a complete (and way too long) list of your past experiences & your competences.
– Does it look clear, well structured and professional..? Or does it look like the user manual of a car or like a pushy flyer with flashy colours..?
– Did you exaggerate or add some responsibilities..? Are you able to explain each of them in details..?
– Did you apply the credo: “Sometimes less is more”..?
– Do you have to use a original and creative template in the industry I am applying for..?
You should maybe take some time to reflect on these points. I had the opportunity to analyse thousands of CVs, and seems like the most of them doesn’t pass these first questions…
The process of writing a CV is not pleasant. On the other hand, there are several rewards… The biggest one is the time you took to sit down and reflect about you, your career, the competences you developed and where you would like to go…
Getting more clarity about this is a big victory. The more you develop self-awareness consequently the more you will be able to write a great CV.
Passionate by the recruitment industry, I am always ready to discuss about the fundamentals and the best practices of the profession. If you are representing a company or an individual, feel free to contact me and we will have a chat!